Microsoft Remote Desktop app for mac is an application that allows users to remotely access Windows-based computers, applications, and resources. It is designed to enable users to work from anywhere and access their work resources securely.
With Microsoft Remote Desktop app for Mac, users can connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by their organization. The app provides a secure connection using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) technology and allows users to work on Windows applications and files directly from their Mac.
How to Download Microsoft Remote Desktop app for Mac
Follow these steps to start using Remote Desktop on your Mac:
- Download Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac.
- Configure your computer to accept dial-up connections. (If you skip this step, you will not be able to connect to your computer.)
- Add a remote desktop connection or remote resource. You use a connection to connect directly to a Windows computer and a remote resource to use RemoteApp, a session-based desktop, or a locally published virtual desktop with RemoteApp and desktop connections.This feature is generally available in enterprise environments.
What about the Beta Clients Microsoft Remote Desktop App for Mac
We test new features in our AppCenter preview feed. Do you want to check? Go to Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac and select Download.You don’t need to create an account or sign in to AppCenter to download the beta client on MacBook, Macbook pro, Macbook air or Mini mac
If you already have a customer, you can check for new updates to ensure you have the latest version. In the Beta Client, select Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta at the top, and then select Check for Updates.
Subscribe to a feed provided by your administrator for a list of managed resources available on your macOS device.
To subscribe to a channel:
- On the home page, select Add Channel to connect to the service and download resources.
- In the Channel URL field, enter the URL of the channel you want to add. This URL can be a URL or an email address.
- If using a URL, use the URL provided by your administrator.
- If using an email address, enter your email address. Entering an email address tells the client to look up the URL associated with your email address if the administrator configured the server that way.
- Select Subscribe.
- Sign in to your user account when prompted.
- Once logged in, you should see a list of available resources.
- After you subscribe to the channel, the content of the channel will be updated automatically on a regular basis. Resources can be added, modified or deleted according to the changes made by the administrator.
Connections to Microsoft Remote Desktop App for Mac
You can export the Remote Desktop connection definition and use it on another device. Microsoft Remote desktops app for Mac are stored in separate RDP files.
To export an RDP file:
- In the Connection Center, right-click the remote desktop.
- Select Export.
- Browse where you want to save the Remote Desktop RDP file.
- Select OK.
- To import an RDP file:
- From the menu bar, choose File > Import.
- Access the RDP file.
- Choose Open
Add Remote Resource for Microsoft Remote Desktop App for Mac
Remote resources are RemoteApp programs, session-based desktops, and virtual desktops published through RemoteApp and Desktop connections.
The URL displays a link to the RD Web Access server, which provides access to RemoteApp and Desktop connections.
- A list of configured RemoteApp and Desktop connections is displayed.
- To add a remote resource:
- In the Connection Center, select + and then select Add remote resources.
- Enter information for the remote resource: Feed URL
- The URL of the RD Web Access server. You can also enter your corporate email account in this field, which instructs the client to find the RD Web Access server associated with your email address.
Username: The username used for the RD Web Access server you are connecting to. Password:
- The password used for the RD Web Access server you are connecting to.
- Choose Save.
- remote resources are displayed in the Connection Center Office.
Download WPS Office: Best Alternative to Microsoft
WPS Office Suite is a comprehensive office suite that covers all the basics – Word Processor, Presentation Maker, and Spreadsheet Editor. It provides powerful tools to help you manage your business with ease. It includes advanced features such as document comparison and secure file sharing, allowing you to collaborate with colleagues and clients easily.
WPS Office Suite helps users save valuable time by simplifying their day-to-day tasks. With unique templates and design tools, it’s easy to quickly create professional and stylish spreadsheets, presentations, and spreadsheets.