Window based computers use Microsoft Word. On the other hand, Mac OS X uses Pages instead of Word. Most people use Window based computers for domestic, educational, or corporate purposes. In these areas of specialization, sometimes necessity may arise to convert the Pages to Word to enable use in Window based computers. For people who are not well versed with the use of Mac OS X, this may present a great challenge. This article however, seeks to make it simpler for you by highlighting how you can convert Pages to Word.
There are two primary ways of converting Pages to Word. You can use the Pages itself, or use an online free converter tool.
Method 1: Convert Pages to Word in Mac Using Pages
This section will take you through the procedure of how to convert Pages to Word using the Pages. In order to do that, follow the steps below;
- In your device, open the Pages document that you want to convert to Word.
- Select File then choose Export To. This will bring forward a display of various options.
- Select the Word from the options displayed on the sub menu to open the Export Your Document box.
- Click on the Word tab. You will see a small arrow on the left that directs you to Advanced Options.
- You will see a display of an array of Word document formats. Most versions of the Word are compatible with the .docx format and thus you should select this one.
- After that, click on Next. A blank field will appear under the function Save As. Type in the name that you would like to represent your file.
- You will be prompted to provide the location where you would like to save the file. Using the field labeled Where, indicate the location that you would like to save your file then click on the Save feature.
- This operation should convert your Pages file to Word and save it at the preferred location in your device.
Method 2: Convert Pages to Word in Mac Using a Converter Tool
Various converter tools are available online to help you convert your Pages file to Word. Some of the converters are available upon a premium subscription while others are free. Sometimes, the quality of the converted file will depend on the quality of the converter which may be determined by whether the converter needs a subscription or not. However, you need to follow the steps below to find the one that suits you.
- Open your browser and go to the search engine.
- Type in phrases such as Pages to Word or Convert Pages to Word
- You will come across online Conversion tools such as Zamzar Online File, CloudConvert, etc.
- Select the one that you want to use
- Select Browse or Select depending on the tool that you are using to upload the file that you want to convert from your device.
- After uploading the file, go to the drop down menu and select .docx
- Click on the Convert feature to enable the conversion of your Pages file to Word.
Thank you for taking your time to go through this article. We hope that it has been helpful to you.
Keep on the watch for our future articles!